Thursday, 20 March 2014

5 Things I Wish I Could Do.. #UPDATE



courtesy of pinterest

1. Dress my body in accordance with its shape.
I literally suck at buying clothes that suit my shape, I never even think about whether it will suit my shape when I buy it. If I like it, I buy it. Its quite bad really, my mums always telling me how my low rise skinny jeans don't fit me right, but I for one, aren't really sure what shape I am, or how to dress it! This is something I really wish I could do, because then I'd look nice all the time.. right?
I suppose I do this better now, since posting this originally I've lost around a stone and a half, so my clothes fit better anyway. I think I've got the hourglass figure, but with also some pear as my thighs are quite big and don't slim down very much, but I do have a waist that does go in in the middle... so abit of a nightmare but I'm getting there!!

2. Reliably do the perfect winged eyeliner and have the confidence to wear it out the house.
I bought myself Soap and Glory's Supercat liner being told that it makes getting that perfect flick simple. Either people fib or I'm just awful, probably the latter. I bodge it up every time and end up with a thick slug sitting above my lashes. Unbelievably this isn't a good look.
This actually isn't something I wish I could do anymore.. I'm all for no makeup makeup, (aka laziness), and my eyes are quite small so eyeliner doesn't actually make me look any better.

3. Take more time out with my mum and dad.
Day trips and long weekends away seem to be a thing of the past now my brother and I are older. We don't get on and quite frankly I'm not bothered by that fact, but I really wish I could spend more time on the weekends with my mum and dad visiting somewhere new. We went to Nottingham a few weekends ago and it was brill. Now I'm older I've realised actually how much of a laugh they both are and now I'm not a sulky teenager (quite) anymore I really do love their company.
Happy to say I do this now! We spend a lot more time together and it's really great. My parents are ace!

4. I wish I had a creative hobby.
I know blogging is quite creative, but something that wasn't so personal that I could share with everybody. My mum is a wonderful crafter and makes cards, don't get me wrong the amount of time she spends doing them is ages, but I wish I had something similar that people knew about and enjoyed.
This one is half there... I now read more, which I've always loved doing, ok so it isn't THAT creative, but I do use my imagination lots. I bought an 'adult' colouring book too, and no it isn't what it sounds like, its basically patterns and 'grown up' images as opposed to dinosaurs and fairies (which actually wouldn't be a bad book...)

5. Cook.
Luke is a great cook and every time we spend an evening at his house he cooks us the nicest meals, but unless my mums cooking he often gets chicken nuggets and chips from me. I prefer to bake, but Luke doesn't like sweet things, including cake!, so I'd quite like to know how to cook proper food to surprise him. Do you guys know of any beginners cook books I could buy and try a few things? I know we have a couple of Jamie Oliver's books, but any others?
This is the only one I haven't done and still can't do! I bake, not cook. That's just how it's going to be I'm afraid!

Are there any things you wish you could do?

9 comments:

  1. I feel your pain with the 2nd one, I'm awful at getting both my eyes looking the same haha! :(
    Aileen x
    a-is-for-aileen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha me too, I always do one eye and think wow thats actually quite nice.. then I do the other and it looks like I've got a black eye haha! Thanks for commenting, will check your blog out lovely! xxx

      Delete
  2. I like your list of things you want to do. I think writing it out give your more motivation. I know one of the things recently that I want to do is be more creative and do more fashion shoots. I also want to try making my own youtube channel (I've been a bit nervous about actually doing that one). I hope you get to accomplish the things you want to do! I'll be rooting for you!

    ~Crissy
    www.whimsicalfawn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thankyou! I think it's nice to sit down and then look back and see if you've achieved them. But aw thanks, I was going to do the standard 'get thin' but I thought why not try and see if I can be happier just as is and then go from there. Oh I'm rooting for you too! I'd watch your YouTube for definite! Thanks for commenting girly xx

      Delete
  3. I wish I could cook too! I'm the same I can bake cakes fine but when it comes to cooking a meal I'm completely lost haha! I can never get winged eyeliner to work I just look like a panda with black eyes!

    Gemma xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha me too, there's too much timing between each thing, whereas with a cake you bake the cake and then you can relax whilst it's baking hah! But aw me too, it's never a good look! Xxx

      Delete
  4. I wish I could put on blusher properly....I'm horrible at it !! ahah I used to be actually pretty good at winged eyeliner but now I suck ! I stopped doing it for ages and now it looks like someone attacked me with a marker if I try it ;)
    cait || http://copycattt.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never know quite where to stick it, so I bought a browny nice colour and just tend to brush it all over haha! Probably not a great look but it works for me! Hahah mine looks like that all the time, I think it's one of those practice makes perfect.. but in the meantime please expect to look like a panda in reverse haha! xxx

      Delete
  5. I wish I could contour and put eyeshadow on well, and I wish I could be less sensitive!

    Thanks for sending me your link in sunday's #bbloggers chat, you've got a lovely blog and I can't wait to read more! :)

    I'm over at Lots of Love, Me. if you fancy a peek :)

    Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete