Sunday, 26 January 2014

What's in my makeup bag?

Hey guys!

To get me back into blogging I thought I'd give you all an insight into my 'go to' products (and pretty much my entire makeup collection) in my makeup bag so you get a little idea of what my face is all about. Enjoy!

As I suffer with dry/combination skin which is also extremely sensitive, I find it hard to find makeup that a) doesn't cling to those dry bits, b) doesn't cause my sensitive skin to flare up and c) doesn't cause me to break out. The very few products in my makeup don't tick all three of these in one, but each product ticks different things.. if that makes sense. So depending on the day and how bad my skin is depends on which product I reach for.


Makeup bag-Asda. Products, L-R- Real Techniques powder and stippling brush, No7 eyelash curlers, Rimmel Match Perfection foundation in 200 Soft Beige, No7 Stay Perfect foundation in 2TT Cool Vanilla, Rimmel Stay Matte foundation in 100 Ivory, Maybelline Baby Skin pore eraser, Natural Collection Lash Definition Mascara in Brown, Max Factor False Lash effect mascara in Black/Brown, No7 Blush Tint powder in Honey and MUA pressed powder in Shade 3
No word of a lie, this collection is pretty much my entire makeup collection. I tend to try a product, if it's no good, give it to either my mum, a friend, or the bin men. I don't like to keep makeup when I don't use it, I tend to hoard everything body and skin care related.. Any products that I do keep however which may come into use every now and again, like my Naked 2 palette, I keep in a rolling makeup bag which I'll probably show at some point.

The most used piece of my collection is probably the MUA pressed powder, as you can probably tell, I use it a lot. On good days or when I'm not doing much it's all I will wear, with a bit of mascara maybe. Although it looks orange in the packaging, I find it adds a nice bit of warm colour to my face.

The baby skin is a new purchase, and I'm not totally won over by it yet. I forgot to put it on this morning, and I'm not really sure whether I noticed a difference. My skin does look smoother with this, but not enough for me to take my makeup off to put it on again because I forgot to put this on.

So that's that, my makeup bag. I would go into detail about these products but because there's a few I don't want to be boring anyone with my first post! If you'd like to see more in depth reviews/opinions of them just ask and I'll do an in depth review for you :) also if you put what things you have questions about I'll try to answer them in the review!

Hopefully my new posts will be interesting to some of you lovely bunch! Would be lovely to hear if any of you have tried these products and if you've wrote about them. Feeling like someone has read this post will make me want to blog more often hehe! xx




8 comments:

  1. Great post x

    pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much girly!

      Will check your blog out now xx

      Delete
  2. I really want to try the babyskin but the reviews are very mixed

    http://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah.. I think the more I use it the better it will be, I tried it with a different foundation to normal today and noticed a great difference when I used this, so it may depend on the foundation its used under too :( xx

      Delete
  3. What a lovely make up bag, I can't believe it's from ASDA!

    Sophie | Onetenzeroseven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! It reminded me a little of the Ted Baker ones, but I can afford an ASDA version 😃 xx

      Delete
  4. very cute make up bag!gosh i totally need to follow your lead and get rid of the piles of make up that i have that i don't wear!such a good way to go about it chick!:)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! Hahah I still have stashes of beauty products, just not makeup :)! I just find myself throwing things out sometimes and then wishing I'd kept them.

      Vicious cycle! Thanks for commenting girly :) xx

      Delete